Time has come! (rest of the world's readers)


This year the summer break is much more than a simple "break". As to the blog "Percorsi Musicali", this pause also means its closure. My followers know that I have been pursuing the dream of an organized site for many years: I have always hoped to find a publisher willing to understand my reasons as well as writers able to work out my special project, but the truth is that both publishers and writers are only interested in money. The publishers ignore the excellent projects, the writers (journalists o freelance) are indifferent (with a few exceptions). These almost 10 years of Percorsi Musicali I had many, wonderful satisfactions: I started to share a passion on the web, without any advertising, only with the continuity and stubbornness of my writings, of what I wanted to communicate. At certain point I saw qualified readers, I had relationships with composers, musicians, labels, publishing houses working in the field of music, always showing an enviable quality and honesty; I had a considerable amount of quotations, the beautiful experience of writing cover notes, biographies and translations, encouraged by hundreds of readers and artists who have gratified me with many compliments. But in recent years the amount of requests has tripled and time to devote to this experience has increased dramatically, a commitment almost total during the day: in order to be able to offer a quality writing I worked by night, I postponed family commitments and it was impossible to combine writing with other jobs. Therefore, I had to take an important choice, in a moment of trouble and confusion of my private life and many times I also thought to suspend all my actions, a solution that made to suffer my soul. The only possible alternative was that Percorsi Musicali would become my main job. And I have chosen this option. Time has come!

The first of September the blog will be obscured, but it WILL LIVE AGAIN in a site that I will finish to complete in August. I commissioned a webmaster to design the site (my first investement): the work is done and he transferred 95% of these ten years of wonderful work, writings, essays and suggestions. I have to make the final touches (the correct placement of the photographs and a maintenance of the old articles). I know with certainty that many of my articles are becoming objects of consultation on the web for their rarity and they travel the world without identity (I just discovered a blog that copied the articles of an entire year without any quotation): therefore a personal domain is a solution to protect them and a necessary change, given the technical limits of the blogs.

The new Percorsi Musicali will have an editorial improvement and economic change:
a) as regards the organization of the articles, I'll try to cross-relate my words with those of the artists (something I had begun in recent months) and to make some historical-aesthetic analysis. As you know, Percorsi Musicali closely follows Italian artists and in recent times I tried to promote Italian young composers and musicians. I want to improve their profiles, so I will dedicate to them the monthly sections about Italian music. I will change the title of the two sections: Suoni della contemporaneità italiana will turn into Nuove generazioni compositive italiane, while Poche note sull'improvvisazione italiana will turn into La giovane improvvisazione italiana.
In addition, I will continue to update the section of international books of music, while reviews will be grouped in a more orderly manner according to criteria of musical genre; naturally there will be my new essays, written with my usual style and I am already preparing some surprises that you will have the opportunity to see gradually in the new site;
b) as for the economic part, all the articles containing discussions or interviews with the artists, as well as critical or historical essays, will be disposable with a small payment (2 euros at least). I also prepared a low-cost subscription, which will allow to read an entire year of the magazine (35 euros). I write a lot, so my faithful readers could certainly benefit from the second hypothesis, because I see significant savings. As to the reviews, many of them will be free and, of course, will be free all the articles (over 1600) created by me and other writers of Percorsi Musicali all these years.
The idea is to build a place of excellent communication for music, where the artists recognize themselves and they know they can count on a quality analyse; but also a place of musical guideline for all readers and for all interdisciplinary connections.

Thanks to Percorsi Musicali I had a contact with many people and I'm sure that they realized my intellectual and human honesty, so I hope this my courageous act, corrisponding to a terrible cultural phase, is not minimized. I want to propose a product of cultural resistance, a contradiction in the times we live in, but I do not miss the courage to confront negative events. I ask support to all the readers and culture lovers who want believe in me, to the hundreds of artists from all over the world that I have helped in these years, sharing their journey and their joy. Every time you thanked me, a new spark of life was regenerated in me, something that I always need to give back to you all.

Now I will get to work to complete the last operations of the new Percorsi Musicali, which is already 85% ready; this will be the new link: http://www.percorsimusicali.eu/. The comments at the bottom of the pages will be restored, while the Facebook page will remain the usual sharing channel.

Thanks for these wonderful years and good summer everyone!


Subscribe to receive free email updates: